Let’s dive right into all of the tips and tricks for how to use your Instant Pot to reheat soup correctly so you can get back on track for those busy weeknights. The Instant Pot is not only a time saver—it can help you create hot, delicious dishes with almost no effort!
If you own an Instant Pot you may have some questions when it comes to using it.
One of those questions may be- can you reheat soup in the Instant Pot? And the answer is simple.
Yes, you can definitely reheat soup in an Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for cooking, sautéing, pressure cooking, and reheating food, including soup.
Reheating soup in an Instant Pot is convenient because it allows you to heat the soup evenly, without the risk of burning or scorching, and it can be done quickly.
Just be sure to follow the instructions for reheating soup in an Instant Pot, as cooking time and pressure may vary depending on the type of soup and the amount you are reheating.
To reheat soup in an Instant Pot, you can follow these steps:
- Place the soup in the Instant Pot: First, pour the soup into the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add some liquid: If the soup is thick or has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pot, you may want to add some liquid such as water or broth to the pot.
- Close the lid: Ensure that the Instant Pot lid is securely in place, and the valve is set to the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Soup” function: Press the “Soup” function button and set the cooking time to 2-3 minutes.
- Wait for the Instant Pot to heat up: The Instant Pot will take some time to come to pressure before it starts cooking. Once the pressure has been reached, the cooking time will begin.
- Quick release the pressure: Once the cooking time is up, quick release the pressure by carefully turning the pressure release valve to the “Venting” position. Be sure to keep your hands and face away from the steam.
- Stir and serve: Once the pressure has been released, open the lid and stir the soup. Serve and enjoy!
Cooking time may vary depending on the quantity and type of soup you are reheating. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Also, be careful when handling the hot soup and the Instant Pot.
Reheating soup in the Instant Pot is an uncomplicated yet effective way to enjoy your favorite recipes at their peak flavor. Not only is it simple and speedy, but utilizing an Instant Pot also keeps the additional mess of reheating food on the stovetop or in a microwave to a minimum.
more instant pot dinners ideas:
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Extra Cheesy Instant Pot Lasagna
- Instant Pot Ham Potato and Cheddar Soup