The instant pot is a magical appliance that can do many things, including boiling water. Keep reading to learn how to boil water in your instant pot!
How do you boil water in an Instant Pot?
Do you own an Instant Pot? If so, you’re probably wondering how to boil water in it. It’s a valid question since boiling water is one of the most basic things that you can do with a pot. Not to worry, we’ve got you covered!
How to boil water in an instant pot
1. Pour the desired amount of water into the instant pot. Just make sure you never make it more than 2/3 full
2. Close the instant pot lid and turn the valve to seal.
5. Select the “manual” or “pressure cook” function on the instant pot and set it to high pressure for 1 minute.
6. Once the instant pot is done cooking, carefully release the pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Your water is now boiled!
If you’re looking to save even more time, you can also boil water in the instant pot by using the “sauté” function.
- Press the “saute” button on your Instant Pot – we recommned using the medium setting
- Pour the desired amount of water into the Instant Pot
- Allow the water to boil – you can turn the saute feature off once it’s come to a boil or you can keep it on for a continuous boil.
- The saute feature usually remains active for about 30 minutes.
How long does it take to boil water in the Instant Pot?
It takes about five minutes to boil water in the Instant Pot. However, this time may vary depending on the size of your pot and the amount of water that you’re boiling.
Can I add flavor to the water?
Yes, you can! If you want to add some flavor to your boiled water, we recommend adding a bouillon cube or some herbs before pressing the “start” button. This will give the water a little extra flavor.
What are some other uses for boiled water?
Boiled water can be used for cooking pasta, rice, quinoa, and other grains. It can also be used to make soup, oatmeal, and other hot dishes. Additionally, boiled water can be used to make tea, coffee, and other hot beverages.
Why would you boil water in the Instant Pot?
Whenever I share a tip like this, I get a question like, “Well why would I do that in the Instant Pot – I can just use the stove!”
There are a few reasons why you might want to boil water in the Instant Pot. Boiling water in the pot is a quick and easy way to make hot beverages like tea and coffee. Additionally, boiling water can be used to cook pasta, rice, quinoa, and other grains. Finally, boiling water is also a great way to make soup, oatmeal, and other hot dishes.
We hope you found this guide helpful! If you have any questions or tips of your own, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Happy boiling!