Baked Potatoes are a cheap and easy menu item that tastes delicious! And now it’s even easier to make in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot baked potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal!
This foolproof recipe is so easy to follow and yields delicious, perfectly cooked potatoes every time. Plus, they’re a great way to use up leftovers.
Give these Instant Pot baked potatoes a try today!
Russett Potatoes (I usually do 4-5 but you can do more if you want)
Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
Salt (I did about 1 teaspoon)
Pepper (I did about 1 teaspoon)
Garlic powder (I did about 1 teaspoon)
1 cup broth (I used vegetable Better than Bouillon – if you go that route, I just put a cup of water in with a teaspoon of BtB)
- Wash potatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle oil and toss to coat potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and toss.
- Poke each potato with a fork three times in the center.
- Place 1 cup of broth at the bottom of your Instant Pot
- Place your trivet in the pot and put potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and set it for 12-14 minutes (depending on how soft you want them).
- Once the timer reaches zero, let it naturally release its pressure for five minutes and then let out the rest of the pressure.
What toppings go on a baked potato?
The baked potato is like an empty canvas.
You can put anything on it!
Or you can put nothing on it- it’s completely up to you. Baked potatoes are perfect for serving large crowds because they are cheap and your friends and family can add whatever they want it!
Here are a few of our favorite toppings.
Add one or add them all- the baked potato is the most versatile potato out there.
- shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- bacon bits
- steamed broccoli
- green onions
- diced ham
- roasted asparagus
- crushed tortilla chips
- plain greek yogurt
- sliced olives
If you are looking for an entree to go with a big juicy steak is always a good idea or a bowl of creamy soup or a hearty chili.
- Award Winning Chili
- Zupas Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- White Bean and Chicken Chili
- Taco Soup
- Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Pea, Fennel and Mint Soup
- Better Than Panera Tomato Basil Soup
- Creamy Baked Potato Soup
Feel free to vary how much seasoning you put on your potatoes. I like the flavor and crispiness it creates!
If you don’t like a certain seasoning switch it up for anything you think might taste good.
If you don’t have vegetable broth you could use chicken or beef broth.
How do you eat a baked potato?
The most common way to eat a baked potato is to slit the top lengthwise with a knife, push on each end of the potato to open it wide, and mash it with a fork.
Is a baked potato good for you?
Yes, a plain baked potato can be healthy for you, especially if you eat their skin which is full of fiber. Its when you add lots of toppings on them that the added fat and calories come in.
How do you reheat a baked potato?
Preheat the oven to 350° F and place the potato directly on the rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the potato is heated through.
Can I bake a potato ahead of time?
Yes, you can make them ahead of time, they are best served within six hours.
How can I keep baked potatoes warm?
If serving for a crowd place in a large foil tin and cover with tin foil.
Can you freeze baked potatoes?
Yes- cover potatoes with plastic wrap and place baking sheet in freezer, leaving several hours until potatoes are completely frozen. Place wrapped potatoes a resealable freezer bags. They should stay good for up to three months.
- Russett Potatoes (I usually do 4-5 but you can do more if you want)
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt (I did about 1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (I did about 1 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (I did about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup broth (I used vegetable Better than Bouillon – if you go that route, I just put a cup of water in with a teaspoon of BtB)
Wash potatoes and place in a bowl.
Drizzle oil and toss to coat potatoes.
Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and toss.
Poke each potato with a fork three times in the center.
Place 1 cup of broth at the bottom of your Instant Pot
Place your trivet in the pot and put potatoes on top of the trivet.
Place lid on the Instant Pot and set for 12-14 minutes (depending on how soft you want them).
Once the timer reaches zero, let it naturally release it’s pressure for five minutes and then let out the rest of the pressure.
That’s it! You now know how to make fool proof instant pot baked potatoes. Be sure to follow the tips above and you’ll have delicious, fluffy potatoes every time.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try out some of the variations below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Breakfast Sausage Casserole